Friday, July 10, 2009

Are we truly surprised

I was reading my Reader's Digest the other day and came across a small tidbit of information, that made me really wonder why we are surprised at the finacial situation our country is in, especially considering who we (I use this term loosely) elected for office! The mini-article was about folks that call 911 for their "emergency."

Both people called 911. Why? The first one b/c the drive thru didn't have LEMONAID!!! The second one was b/c the person couldn't get through to vote on their favorite person on the reality game show they were watching.

REALLY, REALLY,....and we are SURPRISED at the state of our nation? I think there should be a test, nothing that complex, that you have to take prior to being given the right to vote. Why? Because if you think that either one of these situations even REMOTELY seem like an emergency, you shouldn' t be able to vote. We really all need to pray a whole, whole lot!

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

I can't get past "I was reading my Reader's Digest." ha ha ha!!! I love you, Lynette!

And ... I'll keep my opinions to myself about our country and where we are now, but... well, I'll just keep my mouth shut. I believe you know how I feel. :-)

Swimming Texas Babies said...

What's wrong with Reader's Digest...it is short and to the point! You know I don't have a lot of time to get bogged down! :-)