Thursday, July 23, 2009

To Ballet or not to ballet

I went by a ballet studio last week to get info regarding classes for Little. I was so pumped, they have a class starting in August. This is a small class and in September the class will have almost double the amount of students. What a perfect transition for her to learn some of the basics of the class.

I told my mom all about it. This is a real ballet studio: specific uniform, must be bought at a certain store, the girls must have their hair pulled back, slick, in a bun! What fun!

I mention it to hubby. Oh HE%& no, that's too "girlie!" She doesn't need that!

OMG!! TOO GIRLIE!!! Whatever. So, we've been having a "discussion" about this for a week now: football players take ballet, it is good foundation for any other sport, Mia Hamm was in ballet as a young girl, if she doesn't like it we pull her out b/c we pay tuition by the month......you get the picture. So then I throw out: if we have a son, he can't play football b/c it is too "boyie", right? Stumped him, he was almost speechless and then came back with "that's different." Nope, it's not....but I think I made headway! I'll keep you posted on my progress!!!

0 comments: