Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stupid Human Tricks

I saw this lady the other day with a 1975 hairstyle, wings and all. It got me thinking about hair styles and who in the world would cut that style in 2008.....I figure that the hairstylist's license should be revoked, my husband just thinks that if you have money, you can get your hair cut any which way you like.

But it got me wondering.....the guy that has the mullet....who the heck cuts his hair and could you do this with a straight face? You know how they always turn you away from the mirror and then turn you around? Well, "TA DA!" has a completely different meaning for this guy!!!

I'm at the bank making a deposit. My bank is working on going paperless (good for me b/c I HATE filling out deposit slips. I'm a reading teacher, not math and I hate trying to find the calculator on my phone!) So I've signed all the checks, put my account number on them and listed either "checking" or "savings" on the back. The teller asks me over the intercom, "Would you like to make two separate deposits? One in checking and one in savings?" Duh, isn't that why I wrote that on the back????

I'm on the phone is a friend (who will remain nameless) and I'm telling her about some swimming stuff and then the conversation floats onto the next topic and I tell her that we go to gymnastics on Monday evenings. "You have Rileigh in gymnastics class?" "No Friend, I'm in gymnastics, I'm trying to make it to the summer Olympics!" Duh!!!

Now one for me (I'm not exempt either!)....It actually rained at my house this week! Yeah for us!!! And we have a new porch "cover" it is a pergola, one of those that isn't completely covered, but close. I'm outside looking at the effects of the rain and I notice that two of my potted plants that sit on my patio table are full of water and I'm thinking, "Wow, it rained so hard that the wind was blowing the rain sideways and filled the pots!" Duh! The "roof" isn't solid and the rain just fell straight down!!! Oh well....we all have our glorious moments! have a good one!!!!

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Look at Trump. Or Simon Cowell? Money obviously doesn't save their hair!

By the way, all, I'm the nameless friend...and proud of it. ha ha!

My dad always makes fun of people when they say "it's raining outside." He replies with "as opposed to...inside?"

Everyone's a comedian.

Swimming Texas Babies said...

I just want you to know that I added "Deposit - Checking" on the back of my check and they STILL asked if I wanted to deposit the check into checking????? DUH!!! What the heck is going on????