Tuesday, July 22, 2008

You can take the girl out of the trailer.....

....but you can't take the trailer out of the girl!! ha, ha.....October will bring our two year anniversary of living in our "new" house! Yeah! It is a work in constant progress. For those of you that have been here, you might not realize that our master bedroom has a bay window. Why? Well, let me give you the evolution of window "treatments":
1.first few nights, some sheets and misc. items from the house that would cover the windows
2. the paper "temporary blinds"
3. Sheets b/c they started building homes behind us and the street lights shined through the paper blinds.

I just finished hanging my new blinds. (I'm such a big girl!) I will be adding curtains, but to make it feel more like my old home, I just bought one vallance and one panel so that I could make sure I liked them. They are currently hanging via push pins and clips. It's a nice look; but I wouldn't recommend it for anything permanently. Trust me, Martha wouldn't call this a "good thing!" I'll keep you posted on how it goes. My goal is the weekend of Little's b-day party...folks will be crawling all over the house and I'd like a more "finished" look to the bedroom!! :-)

0 comments: