Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trip to the Dentist

Children are supposed to start going to the dentist at the age of 2...I waited until 2 1/2 b/c I know my child and if she won't open her mouth for me, she surely won't do it for someone else!!!

We made the appointment and went. So we went and the hygenist was VERY friendly and was great. Gave her a toothbrush and toothpaste. She wanted Little to lay down and let her brush her teeth. Up she went on the table. Wow, this is going to be great and easy......hold on folks, that was the end of THAT! Lay down, nope, no way, no how, get me off this table......so, then we decided to brush our teeth at the sink.


Little let the hygenist help with that. But that was it. I had to hold her the rest of the time. She wouldn't open her mouth, not even for me with the little instrument with the mirror. Finally, the time came for Dr. Cheryl to check her out and I had to hold my little girl down while they looked at her teeth and painted floride on them.....it wasn't bad, but someone was VERY mad at me and everyone else in the world! Hopefully it will be better in six months!

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

you just got spammed.

Lorelai has her first appointment this June, I"m totally NOT Looking forward to it. I'm glad y'all got through it, though, without too many tears!

Swimming Texas Babies said...

So how do I not get spammed? This is so WEIRD!!!