Thursday, June 11, 2009

Swimming

On Monday I started my summer swim schedule. I had over 25 new students. The first day is more for the parents b/c I have to explain all the paperwork and procedures with ISR lessons. Then I get in the pool a few minutes with the students and then hop out of the pool and begin the same routine with the next set of parents. Makes for a tiring day, not to mention the fact that I'm swimming at two different pools, in addition to my own pool.

Tuesday was much smoother and we are well on our way! I already have students almost floating.....it is so very exciting.

I have some interesting parents and students. I have to say my most challenging set of students is a family of three boys, ages 8 mo - 5 yrs. They only speak Spanish. If you know me, I speak very little and I have a very nice Texas twang to it! So, here I am with my limited Spanish trying to encourage them to "float like a starfish" and lots of buenos! It is stressful. I pulled "alto" out of somewhere today (means stop) b/c the oldest was grabbing and holding onto my swim shirt and wouldn't let go.

Regardless, it is tiring, but very rewarding. It is going to be a fun filled, exciting summer!

4 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

25 new students!? That's fantastic, Lynette!!!

Here's to a smooth summer! [raises glass of imaginary champagne]

Unknown said...

Wow, 25 students is great!

waiting for a name said...

funny that i can see your inner thoughts on this.. :) i take your words in good intention & hope that there is a purpose from God in stretching you in communication & flexibility. thanks for all you do for my boys!

waiting for a name said...

ps... for your other readers, it's actually a 1 y/o, 2 y/o, and just turned 4 y/o! HA! :) you're doing great!