Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Book Talk

I think I've just finished one of the best books I've read in awhile. This is one that would make for a GREAT movie, Wishing You Well by David Baldacci. This is a heart-warming tale of two children that have to go to live with their great-grandmother in the mountains of Virginia. As the story unfolded, I was reminded of my paternal family and how they labored in the cotton fields and the hard life they lived. The story really makes you take stock of your family (past and current) and what is important in life. This is not Baldacci's regular genre and he talks about this and how writing this inspired him to research more about his family or maybe it was the other way around! I recommend this book, especially at this time of the year and because times are tough, but in no way tough compared to what this family endures. God Bless and happy reading! :-)

0 comments: