Saturday, December 20, 2008

Book Talk

I stayed up WAY past my bedtime last night...why??? b/c my latest book was just TOOO good to put down. Stone Cold is the third in the Camel Club trilogy. The book wrapped up some lose ends that had been around since book one and two, but it still left you wondering what would happen at the end and definately what is coming up next.....everything wasn't tied up nice and neatly. But not so much that it frustrated you. He left you enough details that you start to wonder how he will continue the lives of the characters. It is heartbreaking when a member of the Camel Club dies! Through all hree of the books, they get into some tricky situations, but always come out with just a few bumps and bruises...but to have one DIE!! It was definately a shocker, but crucial to the end of the book. Our main character, Oliver Stone (no, not the producer), gets his revenge.

This one comes HIGHLY recommended.

I will start my new book tonight. It isn't my norm, but I figured John Gray knows his stuff and I'm curious to see what he has to say about men, women and stress. The full title of the book is: Why Mars and Venus Collide, Improving relationships by understanding how men and women cope differently with stress. I'll keep you posted on how it is. Wondering what he is going to tell me that most women don't already know!! ha, ha

0 comments: