Friday, September 18, 2009

Rules

Do you follow them?
I'm not talking the speed limit, but I guess that would count....speed limit would negate all that I'm about to discuss!! :-)

Let me preface this with, I am an observer of people and I find some of the following "incidents" interesting.

It is interesting to watch how some people at my place of employment, follow the rules and some don't. Some are minor infractions, and only once in awhile.....others are ALL the time.

Are you a late person or an on time person? We have some folks that roll in late (more than 5 or 10 min.) on a daily basis.

We have a dress code, as most companies do....and jeans are only allowed on Fridays. I see jeans ALL the time and I even see SHORTS! (and not from the coaching staff!!!)

We have set work hours (from X time to Y time)....and I see people leave DAILY before the buses are even gone (which is about 30 min early)! I know things come up and life gets in the way and you have to re-adjust your schedule...but EVERY day?

The reason I ponder this is b/c I just KNOW that if I wore jeans on a day other than Friday, I'd get called in about it. If I was late, called in on it. Left early, called in on it. I'd just like to know what is going on in some people's minds that they don't have issue with any of this.

That's all for now! Have an outstanding FRIDAY!!!!

1 comments:

Brooke Simmons said...

Hey Girl! Just noticed on your blog that you are preggo- congrats!!! Hope you are feeling well and things are going smoothly. Do you know what you are having yet?