Friday, February 20, 2009

5K Results

In years past (too many than I like to admit), I used to run some sort of organized running event, once a month. It was my little way to keep me motivated and keep running.

Then, life got in the way and I just quit doing running events and cycling events. Shame on me for letting life get in the way.

As I've blogged about, I've been running more, trying to beat the 40 yr. bulge...I have a few years to go....so I am hoping to win this one!!

My husband has never participated in an organized running event, and he has asked me if I've ever one one...my response, "Nope, I'm not from Zimbabwa and I have a life." Which just about sums it up.....

I registered for a Valentine's Day 5 K.....I was excited b/c it had been awhile. I get there, over 500 runners, ready to run this on a cold day (I almost didn't go b/c I HATE the cold!). I had talked to my sister, the super-star runner the day before, and all she said was, "Run Fast." So I have her on one side telling me to run fast and on the other side my husband wondering why I'm running it if I'm not going to win. So, little ol' me runs my heart out and you want to know what??? I GOT 4TH PLACE IN MY AGE DEVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH ME!!!!!!!!!!!! So, any of you that feels that you can't get out there and do it, you can! Trust me, I'm a TURTLE!

1 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!