Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Terrific Book

Ok, so I finished this book a week ago and I'm just now getting around to writing this....crazy week!!!



This Voice In My Heart: A Runner's Memoir of Genocide, Faith and Forgiveness



I think Gilbert Tuhabonye might be the most amazing person that I've never met. Considering what he went through, as a young man and still has love for mankind and his country is an amazing feat!!! He is an inspiration to all.

He is a phenomenal runner and he has a running group in Austin...oh how jealous I am. I did look up some of his training groups....and the ones I am interested in are at times I just can't make. However, my lucky sister, has trained with him and because of this training, she shaved almost ten minutes off of her marathon time. That is FANTASTIC!!!! Also, (I'm so excited I can barely type) she knows Gilbert and over spring break, she is going to introduce me to him and we are going to run with him......or, he and my sister will meet me at the end and we'll have coffee!! ha, ha

This book, since this is what this post is about, talks about his life, his schooling, his family and then the awful genocide that occurred at his school. It is a heartbreaking story, that gives you faith in yourself and mankind.

He looks at every day as a gift from God....rain, sleet, snow, wind, whatever....shouldn't we all be that grateful for what we have every day?

After reading this book, you will strive to be a better person. And, just maybe, you'll want to pick up a pair of running shoes and see where your body can take you, even if it is a walk around the block!!!

0 comments: