Friday, September 5, 2008

Book Talk Friday

I know you have been anxiously waiting to hear about my new book!!! I am currently reading, The Camel Club, by David Baldacci. I've read a handful of his books and this one isn't as good as others. This is the first of a trilogy and I can say the second in this series, The Collectors, is GREAT!!! (I read it prior to knowing it was part of a trilogy.) It could be that by the time I crawl into bed to read, I'm about ready to drop dead.....but I can tell you Camel Club doesn't capture my attention like The Collectors did. The Collectors was one that you could stay up all night reading, carry it with you everywhere b/c you never know when you'd have two minutes of down time that you could continue to read.

I digress.....The Camel Club is an interesting read and it does give you a lot of background knowledge on the characters you'll continue to follow through the trilogy. Stone, the main character has an unknown past and lives in a cemetary, he's the grounds keeper! Stone is searching for the truth and has a tent stating this outside the grounds of the White House. He had his posse witness something they shouldn't have and the book is a cat and mouse game of finding out the why's of this, all while trying to stay alive. There a lots of twists and turns and it does leave the reader with a lot of questions. It leaves you with questions about our government and how much does J.Q. Public really know. Does our government have people assassinated? How much power does Homeland Security, the CIA and FBI really have? What do they know about you and your family?? It's questions like this that jump out at you.

Would I recommend it? Yes, I would. Who knows, maybe by next Friday I'll be more fired up about it....and maybe I won't be so very tired either!!! I do have two other books waiting in the wings.....so I'll have to decide who is the next lucky read!!!! My goal is to have it finished and be able to give you a two for one next week: the end of my current one and the beginnings of my new choice.

In the meantime, I wish all of you happy reading. If you come across a good read you'd like to share, by all means, SHARE!!!!

1 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

You're my book-reading hero.

I've got nothing to add, imagine that.