Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WWW - Hurricane Relief

America is a VERY giving country. I know we stick our noses into WAY too many other countries' business, but when it comes to disaster relief, we are making plans to help before the storm has even finished passing. So I ask you, "How many countries are coming to our aid after Hurricane Ike?" Maybe I am ignorant, but as of yet, I haven't heard of any. Where are our neighbors now?

I'm also curious as to how SO much attention was focused on Louisiana with Hurricane Katrina, but it doesn't seem that even half that much attention has been placed on this most recent disaster.......regardless of how prepared Galveston was, it is underwater and thousands of people lost everything.....where are all the celebrities to step up and have fundraisers to re-build Galveston? I just don't get it!

0 comments: