Friday, October 3, 2008

How many is too many?

I want you to take a moment and tab over to your email(s) and see how many emails you have sitting in your inbox......I'll wait for you to come back...tick, tick, tick....ok, so now you have the magic number in your head!!! What is too many? I happened to check mine out yesterday while I was in my "swimming" email (like most folks, I have more than one email account; I have four). I had almost 300 email!! Are you kidding???? Who needs that many emails????? Not I! But, how do you determine importance? have you answered, acted on all of them? Do I need to save them?

That then begs the question: If you are organized and you file your emails, will you ever go back and look at those? I have files for Blackberry pictures, ISR, registrations, potential students and the list does go on and on.

For my school email, I try to keep my inbox down to less than 30, frequently cleaning out my sent file. For my university email, it is less than 20 b/c we do almost everything in our on-line classroom, so I don't have a need to keep stuff past the day of grades being posted. My Yahoo account is basically defunct and then there is my monsterous swimming account. I did clean house yesterday and got it down to less than 150....but that is still HUGE to me. I'll have to work on that....yeah right, in my spare time!!! Happy emailing!! :-)

1 comments:

Jess said...

Hi, very nice blog!
I am french, so excuse me, I don't speak english very well.

But, I like the United States and I hope to go there one day!

Thanks for the music on the blog! :)

Bye