Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on going green

I went to the health food store today and spent some money....but also go my mom a b-day gift, so it's all good. I tabbed my book and decided to start where I needed stuff first. I purchased the tampons I told you about and some facial lotion (just about out, so I feel good that I'm not letting things go to waste). Tampons are a little more expensive, but for your health, isn't it worth it? The facial products are more expensive than grocery store products, but less than department store products....so pick your budget.




I am going to make some rose water, which apparently is a great refresher and/or toner for your skin. If you'd like to make some, let me know b/c I'm going to dry out some of my roses. My roses are ROCKING right now b/c of the weather. Rose water used to be a big deal, back in "olden" days when roses were hard to come by.....basically all you do is boil some water, soak the petals, squeeze out all the water from the petals and TAAA DAAA, you have rose water. I also bought a cute glass bottle for $2. I don't want a mason jar sitting on my bathroom counter!

Have you purchased a Klean Kanteen yet? I looked at them while at the store, but want a bigger one b/c I drink A LOT of water during the day. I'm going to order mine on-line so that I can get the size I want. These are environmentally friendly and you can toss out all the other water bottles so that you don't have to worry about using the wrong kind of plastic. Word of note: the book goes into great detail about the ins and outs of plastics.....I'd rather just avoid it...too much to worry about!
That's it for now....I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Look at you. Walking the walk!

By the way, I bought the Tom's of Maine a few days ago and aside from some weird itching on the first day, it has been working pretty well.

If you have extra rose water, pass it on my way, I'm always up for that!

Swimming Texas Babies said...

I have the organic rose petals...you do the rest!!! I'm going to dry out a bunch, so I'll save some for ya!