Saturday, October 25, 2008

It was a tear jerker!

So, I'm laying out, yes laying out, on the sun deck at our hotel....did you know I'm in Vegas??? And I'm reading my book (Malc was in our room napping; I don't do naps, who has the time?), but reading, alone is quite a treat all in itself!!!!

Back to the story.....I'm reading, notice that it is time to go back and wake him up, but wait, I only have a few pages until the end of Sister's Keeper and decide to push onward and finish it....and wow, glad I had on sunglasses, b/c I was CRYING as I read the final pages. OMG, this is one that I actually thought the curve had already come and you know how the book is going to end...oh, but no, Picoult can't do that, can she????? Nope, one right out of the blue and knocks you on your fanny!!!!

During the entire course of this book, you are asking yourself as a mom, what would you do? How do you sacrifice one child for another? As a sister, you know you'd do anything for your sister. But as a moral human, how much is too much to ask of one person? I thank God that I have never had to answer these types of questions and pray I never will.

Aside from a good read, this book really gets you thinking of a lot of uncomfortable issues. If you've never picked up a Picoult book, saying that I HIGHLY recommend them is an understatement. I have a new one to start, but I don't remember the name and it is dark in the hotel room b/c Malc is still sleeping (imagine that!) and I'm drinking my Starbucks. Can I tell you that you feel like you are in Mecca when you can WALK to Starbucks! Anyway, happy page turning.....share your reads with me!

1 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

do her books come in audio form? I really still don't like reading. :-( But her books sound good! And I'm serious - we're going to be traveling 15 hours to St. Louis for Thanksgiving, then from there to Virginia, another 15 hours....that's a lot of time to be just driving!!!

Oh yeah....our move is coming up really soon - we NEED to get together again. Thursday maybe, I'll be sans la bebe.

Will you be back from Vegas then? Hope you're having fun!