Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This will make you feel old....

I went to a baby shower last weekend. No big deal, right? Well, it was of a former student. Granted, I taught high school for four years and the majority of my students were juniors and seniors, so that makes many of them already in their 20's.

I get to the shower, and my former student is very pregnant. She looks adorable and the shower is beautiful.

Now what makes me feel old is that there were a total of three of my former students there and they had children ranging from 2 years old, to will be born next month!

At least I'm not like some of the teachers I work with at my elementary school that have been teaching for so long that they are teaching the children of their former students!! Now that would make me feel REALLY old!! :-)

1 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

ha ha!! That's crazy isn't it!?

I'm friends with my favorite art teacher on Facebook and she says the same thing about how old she feels.

At least you still look young. I'm sure you haven't changed at ALL since you start teaching!