Friday, April 17, 2009

To Blog or Not To Blog

My husband isn't a fan of my blogging. He thinks the boogie man will come and get our daughter b/c of the pictures and posts on my blog. I don't comment to him on this........



I have quite a few friends that are much younger than me and I would think they would be HUGE fans of blogging, but they barely know what a blog is....or FaceBook...or Twitter....etc......



I blog b/c I'm a very opinionated person. (I know, this is SOOOO hard to believe.) In fact, my husband gets frustrated with me sometimes b/c I am so opinionated and I'm very black and white with many things.....but, after this many years, I'm not going to change!!!! My opinions have gotten me in trouble quite a few times, but I'm used to it by now. It is the folks around me that aren't always comfortable with it!



I also blog b/c I do have family and friends near and far and I don't get to see/talk with them often and I want to be able to easily share my life and my family's life with them. I figure that I have it available, they have the responsibility to check in and see what is going on.....



I also like to share funny stories and make folks smile. (See, even for all my opinions, I'm really a nice person. Shhhh, don't let that get out b/c I'd hate for it to ruin my reputation!) ha, ha



A close friend of mine called me last night to tell me that my Monday Humor made a dear friend of hers smile during his last days. He passed this week, due to cancer, but she shared my joke with him and he laughed. Her voice mail made me smile and nearly cry.

So, as we enjoy this much needed rain today, I hope that something you read here makes you smile and have a wonderful day!! God bless you all!!! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think my favorite things about blogging is that I find it relaxing (usually) and I like helping people.

Swimming Texas Babies said...

Wow, for as much as you blog, you must be SOOO very relaxed!!! :-)I don't see how you have to the time to do such research! simply amazing.