Sunday, November 23, 2008

Food for all

What can $30 buy you at the grocery store? Not much. But, if you go to Angel Food Minstries, you'd be AMAZED at what you'd get....let me show you:
What is all this*:

1.5 lb. Choice Cut Beef Roast
2 lb. Breaded Chicken
Tenders
2 lb. IQF Chicken Breast
1.5 lb. Pork Chops (4 x 6 oz.)
1 lb. 80/20 Lean Beef
Patties (4 x 4 oz.)
28 oz. Salisbury Steak EntreƩ
1 lb. All Meat Hot Dogs
1 lb. Carrots
1 lb. Green Beans
1 lb. Rice
24 oz. Steak-Cut Fries
32 oz. 2% Reduced Fat Shelf
Stable Milk
7.5 oz. Mac and Cheese
14 oz. Chicken Broth
7 oz. Corn Muffin Mix
Dozen Eggs
Dessert Item
*Word of note, the picture is of the food for November, but the November menu isn't posted anymore, this is the December menu....but you get the idea.
Local churches participate in the program and ANYONE can purchase items from them. This is the second month we have done this and the food isn't bad. The meat isn't Granzin's, but it is good. I don't know for sure how much we are saving...but I do know I am taking a lot less trips to HEB. I'm not a fan of hot dogs...but for one meal, we can eat them and my husband and child LOVE them...so we do it. I'm trying to be more frugal and use more stuff that is in my pantry and that means being creative with some of our meals. I highly recommend you take a look and try it out. Who doesn't need to save money?
If you know someone who is elderly, they have pre-made meals for a GREAT price!

1 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

This is crazy that you did this. My sister-in-law has been using them for quite some time and I was going to blog about it soon. You beat me to it! We're hopefully going to start ordering when we move to Virginia.