Friday, August 22, 2008

Book Talk Fridays

I am going to try to start talking about my current reading selection every Friday. Now, as you know, my intention is there and we'll have to see how well it goes!!!

Jodi Picoult's new Second Glance

This is a page turner! In true Jodi form, there are smatterings of the characters and just enough info to get you hooked before she turns to another character. I'm not one to believe in ghosts and the paranormal, but this one will have you looking at things differently. I'm not even half way done, but I'm desparately trying to fit all of the pieces together. And if Jodi is true to form, she'll surprise me at the end and I'll have it all wrong!! When a cop walks into a half-torn down house, walks to where the bathroom was, no pipes or fixtures, and hears water, a mirror is left hanging on a stud (like how did it survive this long?) and the mirror is fogged up b/c of the steam from the running water (which is only heard, remember, no pipes) and the cop looks into the mirror and sees hands coming from inside the mirror placed on the mirror and then "HELP" written on the fogged mirror....WEIRD!!! I know, I don't do it justice in my retelling, but it is good. And it isn't Stephen King creepy!!!

So there you go! Go out and get it and let me know what you think!!! See ya next Friday! Have a terrific reading week! The Olympics are now over, you have the time!!! :-)

4 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

hey, nice linkage

Swimming Texas Babies said...

well ya know, that's how I'm trying to roll!! ha, ha...have a GREAT friend that showed me the ins and outs of linking!!!

Gwen said...

I love Jodi Picoult too! Have to read this one now for sure! :)

Swimming Texas Babies said...

You WILL NOT be disappointed. Stay tuned for Friday's final editorial of the book....I'm already onto my next one!