Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cheesecake Disaster

I play bunco with some friends and I am usually very good about marking things like this on my calendar. Michelle, the leader of our Bunco group, sends out an email about a week ahead of the game with directions and a reminder. I'm reading this email and realize, "WOW, it's next week, at MY house!!" YIKES!!!!!

As many of you know, I have a VERY busy schedule this summer swimming all of these babies.....when am I going to get the house cleaned AND plan dinner for 12?????

Get everything figured out, head to Sam's, get all my stuff at Sam's (amazing how stuff just JUMPS into your basket!) and head out to the car. Unload the basket into my car and go along my merry way. I apparently I didn't secure the cheese cake b/c I hear it slide out of it's location and down in between the boxes and the door!!! I haven't even left the parking lot!!!! I stop, get out and scoop up the cheese cake into the lid (because those lids that you can NEVER get off, CAME OFF!) and wonder what the heck am I going to do b/c I don't have ANYTHING to wipe my hand off (which is now covered in cheese cake!)......I balance the side of my palm on the steering wheel and drive with my left hand (I'm right handed).....I will tell you that their cheese cake is good and I ate a piece of it while driving home!!! What else to do? I couldn't serve it to my friends; it was a big pile of mess!

1 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

that's hilarious! I would have totally eaten it too!