Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Blessings

Health. I think this is something that we all take for granted until we are ill. Whenever I have to fill out a form about my family's medical history, I am blessed b/c I get to check the majority of "no's." We have some high blood pressure, but that is about it. My grandmother has had some breast cancer issues, but that is due to the fact she is an amazing 87 years old and the life take's its toll on the body. (She is constantly in our prayers for her cancer.)

Enjoy every day that you are able to walk on your own two feet, run after that child, take yourself to the bathroom/shower, dress yourself, drive, buy groceries (YUCK!!!) or do any of the many sorted things you do, on your own, every day. Thank God when you tuck your child into their bed, in your house, not saying goodbye from a hospital doorway. I'm not trying to be depressing, I'm just trying to help us all to not take all the good things in our life, namely health, for granted.

With that said, I also pray that when you look inward, you will possibly see one or two things you might be able to change in your life to make your life a little more healthy: sodas, alcohol, smoking, not enough exercise, food choices.......the list can go on and on. But start small and rejoice in those small accomplishments.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday and following week.

0 comments: