Monday, January 5, 2009

Busy Bees



I could REALLY get used to being home all of the time....I just LOVE it! I had such a productive two weeks...really one week b/c the first week was spent doing Christmas stuff.....almost all of Christmas is packed and in the attic. The only things lacking are the lights on the house and the only reason I didn't do that is b/c I don't really like ladders! But, we aren't turning them on anymore, so that is a start.

We worked in the yard on Friday and mowed and cut down the dead cannons (large green plant with flowers, they line almost the entire back/side of the house).
Saturday Little and I met a friend at a playground and had a BLAST!!!! When I arrived home, I found my entire garage sitting on the driveway and my husband elbow deep in re-organizing our garage! What the heck!!!! We didn't get it all done on Saturday, but finished most of it on Sunday. He even built a work bench. It is pretty neat and tidy. During the process, lots of stuff got tossed, and I even got some shelves just for me!!! One of the things inside the house that needed A LOT of help was the pantry....just too small and way too unorganized. So, I took some of my larger appliances from the pantry and they are now housed outside on my new shelves!! Yeah me!!! So, at 4:00 Sunday afternoon, this is the project I started on.....
Can you see what a disaster this all is? I'd go to the store all the time b/c I couldn't find ANYTHING. I threw away an entire big trash bag of food out!!!!

This is what it looks like now:

Yes, it is official, I'm old b/c I'm excited about what my pantry looks like!!! :-)

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Oh girl, I must have been old a long time ago! I love me some organized pantries! Little makes me happier than organized tupperware, too!

Good job! As for the lights on the house....be a TRUE redneck woman and just leave them up all year long. Like you said, as long as you don't turn them on, you're good.

I think that the Army is helping us out bigtime - moving us every year around Christmas. That way we never decorate = no Christmas decorations to clean up!

Swimming Texas Babies said...

Yes, organization is a good thing...and I have more projects...I'll keep you posted, don't ya know!

As for the lights, that's what my hubby suggested...I squelched that one! I don't want to be a TRUE redneck or even a fake one!

True about moving at Christmas and surely you will really cut down on clutter b/c don't you throw out stuff each time you unpack?