Friday, January 30, 2009

Pedometer

Do you have a pedometer? You should. It is very interesting to see how little or much you walk in a day. I'm told 7000 steps is the minimum you should do a day. Here's mine:



The cool thing about mine is that I can upload the steps to Virgin Health Miles and they keep track of it. It is an incentive program through Humana, my insurance. Another cool thing is that I earn "health cash" that I can spend......You can buy stuff through them, or they'll send you a gift card to a store of your choice (Home Depot, Target). I decided to get a Polar watch:


I paid a total of $3 for it b/c the shipping was a little more than I had earned!!!!


It is way cool b/c it tells me my heart rate, keeps track of my workouts, my weight, etc......I did turn off the sound to the heart rate b/c apparently I am running at too hard of a pace and it tells me this....but if I slow down any more, well, I'd be walking! ha, ha!!! Little also kept asking me what my watch was doing.....so, I keep going. If you find me laying on the side of the road, you'll know it is b/c I didn't listen to my watch!!!

0 comments: