Friday, January 2, 2009

Wow, what a book!




Wow, I know that I said I was reading another book, but it quickly got put to the side b/c my husband insisted I get my oil changed in my car and I had to wait at the oil place, and this book happened to be sitting in my front seat. This was less than a week ago and I have already finished it. The scariest part about the book is that you have to wonder how much of it is true. In his usual fashion, there are twists and turns and many different characters....you have to pay attention and stay on your toes. Our main character is a enforcer of the law, but not in law enforcement. He kills, but isn't a killer. He's not above the law, he's right beneath it, doing the dirty work of the government. So, you have to wonder, are there really people like this? I think yes.
Then there is the introduction of PM firms. What is that you ask? A PM firm is like a PR firm, but instead they spin lies, that seem like the truth. Given our tech savy world and how quickly information travels, the tale is very believable. According to Baldacci, these firms have been used by the government since the Vietnam war....makes you wonder.
So this tale is about a good guy, lots of bad guys, the possibility of global war and a bit of a love story, all blended together, very nicely. You won't want to put this one down.
I'll be heading back to the other one and will keep you posted.


0 comments: