Monday, January 26, 2009

Living in the moment

Yoga has been a part of my routine for over a year now and I truly can tell a difference in my practice. I look forward to going and I love knowing that I am doing this for me and the goodness that it has on me will effect everyone I come in contact with.

Yoga is a mind, body, spirit practice. Something that my yogi talks about is "living in the moment." You can't change what has happened yesterday, not even a moment ago; you can't determine what will happen tomorrow: therefore, don't focus on those things, focus on the moment.

Last weekend when I went to Sunday class, I was griping b/c my husband knew that I was going to go to a 2:00 class and I'm about to leave and he's like, "Well, wait b/c I'm right in the middle of blah, blah, blah....." Are you kidding me? You knew I was going to this class b/c I told you fifteen times and you see me get dressed an HOUR ago........My yogi looks at me and say, "Be glad you have him here."

Me, not paying complete attention, says, "I just wish he'd pay more attention."
Yogi, "Yes, be glad you have him."

Then a flash of lightening hits me and I realize what a dolt I am, for two reasons, 1. Live in the moment Lynette (you know you can't change him!!) 2. Her husband just left for Iraq for the YEAR!!!! She doesn't even have him around to gripe about him!

So, he ain't perfect, but he's mine and I do love him!!!

To all of you, prior to complaining about ANYTHING: LIVE IN THE MOMENT. Will your complaint change things? (I say this honestly and also to myself b/c God knows I do my fair share of complaining!) Be glad that you have someone to complain about, there are a lot of folks all alone in this world. God bless you all!!! Have an outstanding week!

4 comments:

Louise said...

Wow, an inspirational post. You had me tearing up in the middle. Thanks for the different perspective, God knows we have needed it lately!

Swimming Texas Babies said...

Glad I could be inspirational to you!!! Didn't mean to make it a Halmark moment!! :-)

Huse Yo Mama said...

It's amazing how we can get caught up in our own "junk" not realizing that someone else always has it worse off than we do.

by the way, I really think you did this post to reiterate the fact that you do yoga, so you can win my giveaway, didn't you!?

Swimming Texas Babies said...

Yes, I am guilty of being too focused on ME!!!

I'd like to say that I did this in response to your giveaway, however, I did about 8 posts yesterday (stay tuned for lots of reading pleasure!!!) and this was one that has been on my mind for awhile. Hopefully I inspired all of you to start yoga-ing!!! :-)