Friday, January 16, 2009

Working out....

.....a lot of folks get on the workout bandwagon at the beginning of the year, and my husband did, too. I run/jog, but not as consistantly as I should or would like. The cold weather doesn't help, b/c I HATE cold weather and if it is windy...well, just count me OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we've been running together which is a challenge for both of us b/c he is faster than me and I like to run farther than him.

Monday he came up with an idea to "mix-it up" and keep him interested (aka: motivated). We decided to run sprints around our block (approximately 2/10ths of a mile). Side note: I am NOT a fast runner!!!). The first lap was hard only b/c you aren't warmed up....laps 2 - 4, not too bad (except that there is one short hill, but it is still a hill)....laps 5 -6: HELLLLLLLL!!!!!!! OMG, I SO wanted to walk, but we were timing each lap and had to shave 5 seconds off of each lap, or you had to run an extra lap....I know he did this thinking that I wouldn't make it...but I did!!! YEAH me.

I'll keep ya posted on how long his training lasts....I really hope he sticks with it. I'm trying to convince him to do some yoga, but he hasn't bought into that yet!!!

1 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

I bet JD would LOVE for me to do this kind of stuff with him....I love my husband, but I hate running more. I won't let him read this post. Good for you for making it! I didn't doubt you, though.